分享到:

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello. It’s another busy day at the offices of Tip Top Trading…
大家好,今天又是顶级贸易公司忙碌的一天。
And I said no John, not at my age, I’d rather take the bus…
然后我说,不John,我还没到那个年龄,我宁愿坐公交车
…yeah Pete, that’s great, so we’ll deliver 2,000 bananas by Friday. Let’s have a beer soon… yeah… cheers mate.
是的Peter,没错,我们会在周五的时候送过去2000根香蕉。我们改天喝一杯,再见。
But there are two people who are busy annoying each other…
但有两个人正看不惯彼此。
So you did what? You ordered the second-hand ones?!
所以你做了什么?你订了二手的?
Chillax Hannah…
冷静Hannah……
Anna!
是Anna!
…they’re just oranges…
它们只是橙子……
…plastic lemons actually.
是塑料柠檬。
Anna is struggling to work with Rachel, Mr Socrates’ favourite Sales Executive, who he’s sent in to help out… or hinder more like!
Anna正努力着和Rachel好好工作,她是Mr Socrates最喜欢的员工了,说是派她来帮忙倒不如说是帮倒忙!
Look, I’m off for a cappuccino, everything will be just fine. Ciao.
我去喝杯卡布奇诺,一切都会好的,再见。
Anna, has Rachel gone out?
Anna,Rachel出去了吗?
Yes.
嗯嗯。
She’s a bit of a man-eater. She almost ate me once.
她简直是食人族。有一次没差点吃了我。
She eats men?
她吃人?
Well, not exactly. I worked with her in my last job. She was always listening in to other people’s conversations and she’s always changing jobs.
不是那个意思。我上一个工作就是和她一起共事。她总是偷听别人的对话而且还老是换工作。
That’s why they call her Rachel Rabbit – you know, big ears, always jumping from one job to another.
这就是为什么大家都叫她Rachel兔子,你知道吗,大耳朵,还总是从一个工作跳到另一个工作。
Rachel Rabbit! That’s funny. So she isn’t that good then?
Rachel兔子!有意思,所以她也没那么优秀?
Oh, useless! She only worked for Mr Socrates because her father threatened to sue the company, after one of our plastic pineapples fell off a shelf and broke his toe.
无用之人!她只给Mr Socrates工作是因为她父亲威胁要告公司,因为之前我们有个塑料菠萝从架子上掉下来砸到了他的脚趾。
But, better keep that under your hat.
不过,你最好保密。
My hat?
帽子?
I mean, keep it secret.
意思是,保密。
Oh right, I see. Well, now she’s ordered loads of second-hand oranges to send to our new customer in France.
哦,我知道了。现在她订了一堆二手橙子发给我们的法国新客户。
But they wanted Imperial Lemons?
可是他们要的是帝国柠檬?
I know. I’m not sure what to do, so I’m going to have to speak to Paul about this.
我知道。我不知道怎么办,所以我打算和老板说明这件事。
Yes it’s a good idea to refer up sometimes – ask the boss for advice.
有时候上报是个好主意——问一下老板建议。
Say to him "I’m concerned that Rachel has made a mistake that might affect the business".
对他说“我担心Rachel犯了一个错误,可能会影响到生意。”
You might also say "she’s not pulling her weight", meaning she’s not doing the work she is supposed to do.
你也可以说“她没有做好自己的工作”,就是说她没有做好自己应该做好的事情。
And you could say "I’m finding it very difficult to work with this person."
你可以说“我发现很难和这个人一起工作。”
Right. I’ll try. There’s Paul now… Paul, could I have a word please?
好的,我会尝试的。Paul在那里,Paul,可以和你说几句话吗?
Of course, Anna. Let’s go in my office. Now, how can I help?
当然,Anna。来我办公室。有什么我可以帮你的?
Err, well, it’s Rachel.
额,是Rachel。
Yes, amazing woman. Mr Socrates’ favourite.
嗯,出色的女人,Mr Socrates最爱的员工。
I know… but I’m finding it difficult to work with her.
我知道,可是我发现很难和她一起工作。
Oh why’s that?
为什么呢?
I’m a bit concerned that she’s made a mistake and it might affect our business.
我担心Rachel犯了一个错误,可能会影响到生意。
Golly gosh. Really?! Why’s that?
天啊,真的吗?为什么这么说?
Well, she’s ordered second-hand oranges for our new client in France.
她订了一堆二手橙子发给我们的法国新客户。
That’s marvellous… isn’t it?
这很好啊,不是吗?
Well, I asked her not to. They wanted lemons… new Imperial Lemons.
我叫她不要这样做。顾客要的是柠檬,新型的帝国柠檬。
Ah… not so marvellous. Anything else?
啊,不太妙啊。还有别的吗?
Well, speaking personally, I don’t think she’s pulling her weight. She doesn’t seem to do any work and just keeps going out to buy cappuccinos.
就个人来说,我认为她没有做好自己的工作。她好像没什么事做,就是一直出去买卡布奇诺。
Well, that’s just not on. Look Anna, I will look into this straight away and see if I can sort this out.
这让人无法接受。你看,Anna,我会马上调查一下情况的,看我能不能解决好。
Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Now, I think you’ve earned a custard cream.
谢谢你的提醒。我想你可以来个蛋奶奶油饼干。
So Anna has expressed her concerns to Paul, the boss. It’s up to him to investigate.
所以Anna把自己的担心都跟老板说了。接下来是老板的调查时间。
As long as you have a fair reason to complain about a difficult member of staff, these are some of the phrases you could use:
只要你有一个合理的理由去抱怨一位棘手的员工,这些是你可能用得到的句子:
I’m concerned that she’s made a mistake that might affect the business.
我担心Rachel犯了一个错误,可能会影响到生意。
She’s not pulling her weight.
她没有做好自己的工作。
I’m finding it very difficult to work with her.
我发现很难和她一起工作。
I wonder how Paul is going to handle the situation?
我想Paul会怎么解决这个情况?
Ah, there you are Rachel. Nice cappuccino? Could you step in to my office for a moment… I’d like a word.
啊,Rachel你在这儿。卡布奇诺好喝吗?你可以来我办公室一会吗?我有话说。
Ya, sure.
可以的。
Ooh, I wonder what that’s all about. Do you know Anna?
噢,发生了什么事?你知道吗,Anna?
Hmm, no idea.
不知道。
She’s probably going to get a promotion and a pay rise… and a custard cream!
她可能要升职加薪了,还吃了一块蛋奶奶油饼干!
Thanks Paul, ciao. What a great guy he is. Such a great sense of humour! Looks like we’re doing some good work Anna!
谢谢Paul,再见。他真是个好人。非常有幽默感!看来我们做得不错,Anna!
Wwwhat?!
什么?
Oh Anna. I’m not sure Paul has really sorted out your concerns. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you out. See you next time on English at Work. Bye!
Anna,我不信Paul真的解决了你的困扰。但是别担心,我们一起帮你解决。下次再见,拜!

点击加载更多

上一篇: Succession

下一篇:

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
How does Tom describe Rachel to Anna?
A  He says she's crazy.
B  He says she's friendly.
C  He says she's a bit of a man-eater.
显示答案