分享到:

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Calling for taxis was always an ordeal. So people would wait an hour and the taxi would never show up.
叫出租总是件令人心烦的事情。有时人们要苦等一小时之久,而出租车却迟迟不出现。
It’s a huge alternative to taxis and public transportation.
在乘出租或搭乘公共交通之间,人们总是进退两难。
Now you just see everybody looking down into the palms of their hands tracking when their car arrives.
如今,你会常常看到有人低头刷着手机,追踪预定的出租车到了哪里。
Good morning.
早上好。
Good morning, how are you?
早上好,你好吗?
I’m doing well, thank you.
还不错,谢谢。
The growth has come very quickly because there was clearly a hole in our transportation ecosystem
拼车模式发展迅速。因为我们当下的运输生态系统有着明显的漏洞,
and services like Uber are helping to fill that.
而像Uber这样的公司,恰好填补了这一点。
It works everywhere.
它在各处都发展迅速。
Uber is uniquely global; one of the biggest challenges is the fact that the audience is so diverse.
Uber非常注重全球性。我们面临的最大的挑战之一就是用户群体的多样化。
We have to create an app experience,
我们需要开发出一款软件,
that’s going to suit the tech savvy person in San Francisco and support a driver in India who maybe hasn’t completed school.
既可满足旧金山科技发烧友的热情,又能使印度文化水平较低的司机很快学会使用。
We have to try and create a universal language.
我们正努力创造一种通用语言。
If you have no idea what’s going on. This thing is beeping at you and then you miss the first request, and you don’t know what just happened.
如果你不能理解它,就只会看到它在滴滴叫,很快你就错失了一桩订单,而你甚至都不知道发生了什么。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
All right. Have a wonderful rest of the day.
祝你今天愉快。
A female taxi driver rolled up and stuck her fist out the window and yelled out “you are not a taxi driver”.
一位女司机歪歪扭扭地开过来,朝窗外挥舞着拳头,大喊,“你根本不配做一个出租车司机”。
The taxi industry wants to suggest that this is a zero-sum game,
出租行业企图证明,这是个零和游戏,
that we have a taxi market and now is going to be distributed between taxi and new entrants like Uber.
我们原先有一个出租市场,而现在这个市场正划分为两派:传统出租和像Uber这样的新主体。
That’s not what this is about at all. We want to grow the pie.
这不是事实。事实上,我们希望能把蛋糕做大。
We are putting two or three people in a car essentially carpooling through technology.
通过科技,我们实现了两个或三个人共享一辆汽车的模式。
So what are you working on?
我们的目的是什么呢?
We are now in a world in which peer to peer on demand ability to request a ride is pretty ubiquitous.
在现代社会中,不乏点对点的出行需求。
The goal is as ridesharing continues to grow. It’s going to inevitably take vehicles off the road.
拼车模式正不断发展,马路上的汽车数量必然会减少。
The hope is that we’ll see less congested cities.
我们希望减轻城市拥堵。
Individuals don’t want the hassle of owning a car and maintaining a car, buying insurance for the car, parking the car
很多人不想为养车买单,不愿保养,买保险,找车位等等。
for it to sit idle 96% of the time.
更何况私家车96%的时间都是闲置状态。
So, it’s a very busy day today.
今天又是忙碌的一天。
We already have about 10% of Uber users here in the US who are under 30 say they either have gotten rid of a car
我们在美国30岁以下的用户群中,有10%的人表示他们已经不再自己开车
or didn’t buy one that they were planning to. So that’s big change.
或是放弃了已有的买车计划。这是个不错的变化。
The city of Chicago was the first city in the world that I am aware of that is lessening the number of parking spots,
根据我的观察,芝加哥是世界上第一个减少了停车位的国家。
becasue they envision that people will be getting there, whether it’s through Uber or other services like it.
因为他们预感到,人们出行时会利用Uber或是其他相似的服务。
I think that about 16% of our city land around the world is estimated to be parking.
据估计,世界范围内,每个城市中平均有16%土地用于停车。
Think about that. Can cities reclaim a little bit of their land perhaps? Can we make our cities more livable?
仔细想想,我们能稍稍改变城市的土地利用方式吗?我们的城市可以更宜居吗?
I think all that’s possible.
我认为一切皆有可能。

点击加载更多

上一篇: Succession

下一篇:

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
How much percent of city land is estimated to be parking?
A  96
B  16
C  60
显示答案