分享到:

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

The phone goes and you get a little burst of adrenalinebecause you really don’t know what it is you’re going to listen to.
电话响了,你的肾上腺素水平会上升一点点,因为你完全不知道你会听到什么。
When you pick the phone up and I say “Samaritans, can I help you?”
当我把电话拿起来,我会说“这里是撒马利亚,有什么能帮到您的吗?”
And then we wait really for whoever’s calling to talk to us.
然后我们会等着所有打电话的人说话。
I think the ones that stick with me are the ones that say right from the start
我很难忘记的人是那些一打电话就说
‘I need help.
‘我需要帮助。
I’m suicidal and I’ve actually taken the tablets.’
我想自杀,我已经吞了药片了。’
You could take 10 calls in a shift, you could take three.
一次轮班你可以回10个电话,也可能是3个。
It really does depend on the callers.
数量多少完全取决于打电话的人。
Three hours actually, I’ve had a three-hour call.
实际上是3个小时,我有一次聊了3个小时。
It’s tough.
非常耗神。
I do get quite upset with a long call like that, yeah, I tend to get very upset.
像这种长电话,接完后我确实感到很沮丧,对,我会变得情绪很低落。
I still sometimes find myself thinking back to that caller, thinking back to that person,and wondering how they are now.
有时候我发现自己还会惦记打来电话的人,想起他,想知道他们现在过得好不好。
One phone call particularly stayed with me was a young manand I was yelling down the phone at him because he kept on going quiet and I’d say,“Come back. Where are you?”
有一个给我留下特别深刻印象的人是一位年轻男士,我对着电话吼他,因为他一直不说话,我就说:“回来啊!你去哪儿了?”
The training’s fantastic and you know, you’re trained on sort of key prompts and things to say.
我们接受的培训非常好,他们教我们那种激励别人的关键性事物还有该对他们说什么。
We don’t tell them what to do.
我们不会告诉他们应该怎么做。
And sometimes a call will end quite abruptlyand the worrying thing for me is did I do something wrong, did I say something wrong?
有时候,电话突然断了,我会担心,是不是我说的做的有什么不对的地方?

点击加载更多

上一篇: Succession

下一篇:

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
According to your listening, why did these people call Samaritans?
A  Because they needed to talk to somebody.
B  Because they wanted to buy something.
C  Because they wanted to date someone.
显示答案