A Chinese blogger’s recent online video has gone viral but not for the reason she was hoping for.
The 26 year-old who goes by her surname Zhang was apparently attempting to show the health benefits of eating aloe vera by streaming herself chomping down on the plant.
The only problem was she wasn’t eating aloe vera.
The Shanghaist reports the blogger was actually devouring agave Americana which is poisonous.
After her first bite, Zhang comments that the leaves are delicious however, her facial expression seems to change after the second bite,and she notes the plant is very bitter,Zhang said her mouth went numb, she then developed rashes and blisters,at a hospital doctors even had to pump her stomach.
However, her condition has reportedly improved and is now stable.
She’ll also probably be more careful the next time she experiments with eating plants.
For United News International, I’m Neela Eyuni.