分享到:

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello. My name’s Michael Willson, but you may remember me as Cobra from the Gladiators.
你好。我叫迈克尔·威尔森,但是你可能是因为《角斗士》里的“眼镜蛇”记得我的。
My friends keep telling me I should stop living in the past, let the Gladiator thing go.
我的朋友一直告诉我我不应该活在过去,让《角斗士》的事情过去。
But I can’t.
但是我做不到。
I keep looking at myself on our Gladiator magazines and albums.
我在这些《角斗士》杂志上和专辑里一直看着我自己。
I once was on the front of a cereal packet.
有一次我还被印到了一款麦片的包装纸上。
I’ve even had my own action figure.
我甚至还有自己的动作片形象。
Who didn’t want to be a superhero?
谁不想成为超级英雄?
I used to love Superman and the bionic man, actually he didn’t have a costume, but it’s great to be a superhero.
我过去非常热爱超人和生化人,事实上仿生人没有自己的服装,但是成为超级英雄是很美妙的事。
I need new hips.
我需要新的屁股。
I’ve got bolts in this shoulder, bolts in that shoulder.
我这个肩膀上有螺钉,那个胳膊上也有螺钉。
I’ve torn the bicep.
我撕裂了二头肌。
I’ve torn the bicep on this side.
我撕裂了这边的二头肌。
I’ve got arthritis up and down the spine, but, you know, it’s just like a car.
我脊椎上上下下都有关节炎,但是你知道,就像一辆车。
You do too much , or you do too many miles, and you, er, parts wear out.
你做得过了,或者像你开了太多英里,你,额,零件坏了。
I would have done that show for nothing.
我愿意什么都不要参与这个演出。
It was so much fun, and the travelling, and being in a group of people that, you know, got the same interests,you know, working out and stuff and for me it was like going on holiday with all my pals.
这里面有太多乐趣了,还有旅行,和这样一群人在一起,你知道,我们有相同的兴趣,一起工作做事情,对我来说,就好像是和我所有的朋友一起度假。

点击加载更多

上一篇: Succession

下一篇:

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Why would he have done that show for nothing?
A  Because he was a superhero.
B  Because it was so much fun.
C Because it was a holiday.
显示答案