桔子与柠檬 分享到:
Oranges and Lemons 2018-05-1445279

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello and welcome again to English at Work, where things are a little tense. Anna is finding it hard to work with new employee, Rachel.She’s told Paul, the boss, about Rachel’s incompetence but he’s done nothing about it. So Anna, how are you feeling today?
大家好,欢迎再次来到职场英语,收听紧张故事。Anna发现自己很难与新员工Rachel共事。她把Rachel的无能告诉给老板Paul,但他也无能为力。嗨,Anna,你今天心情如何啊?
Frustrated. All that work I put in, getting the contract for Imperial Lemons and Rachel has sent out a load of second-hand plastic oranges!
哎,沮丧。我费了好大劲才拿到帝国柠檬的合同,可Rachel竟给人家送了一堆二手塑料桔子!
I guess you’re going to have to call your client and sort out the mess.
呃,那你得给客户打电话,收拾烂摊子吧。
I guess so. (Door opens) Oh hi Tom.
是啊。。(门开了)嗨,Tom。
(Whispering) Is she about? The man-eater?
(悄悄话)嘘,悍妇在吗?
No it’s all clear, she’s gone out for a cappuccino.
不在,出去买卡布奇诺了。
Good good. Look I managed to call the guy she bought the second-hand oranges from, and I cancelled the order.
好的,好的。听我说啊,我给卖她二手桔子的那个人打电话了,然后把订单取消了。
Phew, great!
呼,太伟大了!
Yeah, yeah… and last night I managed to order some Imperial Lemons and sent them to that company in France – Fruit Traders International. Here’s the paperwork.
呵呵。。。昨晚我还设法订了些帝国柠檬,并送到了法国公司——国际水果贸易商。瞧,这是文书工作。
Tom, that’s brilliant! Here, let me give you a big hug – you saved the day!
太棒了,Tom。快过来,我要给你一个大大的拥抱,你真是帮了我大忙啊!
Ooh, that’s a bit tight.
哦。。抱得太紧了。
Oh not again! You two just can’t leave each other alone…
可别抱了,你们两个简直分不开了。。。
Bbbut it was just…
呃,可我俩只是。。。
Say no more Anna. Now, I was looking for my special red pen, have you seen it anywhere?
别多说了,Anna。我正找我那只特殊红笔呢,你见到没?
No. Funny that, my pens have gone missing too.
没见到。真搞笑,我的笔也不见了。
I’ll go and get some more.
好吧,我去多拿几支。
Now Anna, I don’t want to interfere but have you called that company in France to see how they are?
安娜,我本不想干涉你的事,但你给法国公司打电话询问详情了吗?
Well, they’re fine aren’t they?
还没打,应该没问题吧?
It’s good customer service to call them and see how they are.
好客服应该打个电话,询问情况。
But what do I say?
但我说什么呢?
Tell you what. I’ll go over there and you can call me and practice.
我告诉你。来,你给我打电话,练习一下。
Right. (Shouting across office) OK Tom, I’m calling your number now.
好吧。(在办公室里大喊)Tom,我正在播你的号码。
(On phone putting on posh voice) Hello – Fruit Traders International.
(在电话里装出优雅嗓音)你好,国际水果贸易商。
Yes, hello… (silence)
啊,你好(沉默)。
…introduce yourself and ask me how I am.
自我介绍,然后问问我怎样。
Oh right. Hello I’m Anna from Tip Top Trading. How are you today?
啊,好的。你好,我是顶级贸易公司的Anna。您今天还好吗?
I’m very well. Now ask me about the order.
恩,还不错。问问我订单的事。
I hope you have received our Imperial Lemons and that you are happy with the order.
希望您已收到了帝国柠檬,望您对订单满意。
Yes, very very happy. The lemons are… fantastique!
恩,非常满意。柠檬简直太棒了!
Oh that’s good. Erm… we do hope you are pleased with our service and that you may use us again.
谢谢您。诚挚希望您满意我们的服务,并再次惠顾。
We certainly will. Thank you.
我们一定会的,谢谢你。
Do you have any questions you may want to ask?
请问您还有什么疑问吗?
No… actually yes…. err, can I… err… buy you dinner sometime?
没有了。。。呃,其实有,我可以请你吃晚餐吗?
Very funny Tom. They won’t ask that!
别逗了,Tom。他们不会那样问的。
No. I’m asking you.
我没开玩笑。我在问你呢。
Oh right… erm… OK then… yes!
哦,那好吧。。。
Hooray! Or should I say oh dear? Silly Anna has agreed to go on a dinner date with Tom – but there is still some business to attend to.Don’t forget to make that call to your client Anna.
万岁!!我刚刚是不是该说亲爱的?这个傻Anna,竟然同意和Tom共进晚餐,但。。他们还有些事情要处理。Anna,别忘了给你的客户打电话啊。
No I won’t – in fact I’ll do it right now.
不会忘的,我现在就打。
Good! While she makes that call, here is a reminder of some of the phrases she could use…Hello I’m Anna from Tip Top Trading. How are you today?I hope you have received our order and are happy with it.We do hope you are pleased with our service and that you may use us again.Do you have any questions you may want to ask?
好的。在Anna打电话时,给大家介绍一下她可能用到的短语。你好,我是顶级贸易公司的Anna。您今天还好吗?希望您已收到了帝国柠檬,望您对订单满意。诚挚希望您满意我们的服务,并再次惠顾。请问您还有什么疑问吗?
Are you OK Anna? You look a bit annoyed.
Anna,你没事吧?怎么看起来有点生气?
I am - I just called our client in France to check everything was OK and they said Rachel had already called them and told them our lemons were so last season and they would be stupid not to choose oranges!
气死了!刚刚我给法国客户打电话确认情况,结果人家说Rachel已打过电话,告诉他们我们的柠檬是上一季的。啊啊,他们真笨,怎么不选桔子呢?
That’s terrible.
呃,真糟糕。
(approaching) …hey Anna, how about this restaurant for our date… I mean our business meeting. Look at this menu…
(走进安娜)嘿,安娜,你觉得这家餐厅怎么样?呃,我是说商务会议,你看看菜单。。
Not now Tom. Rachel has messed things up again. She’s causing so much trouble. She’s got to go.
现在别和我提这事,Rachel又把事情搞砸了,她怎么总惹麻烦,啊啊啊,必须得让她走。
Oh… yeah right. This calls for action.
恩,对,得立即行动。
It certainly does. It sounds like Rachel has gone too far this time and it’s up to Anna to sort things out.But what can she do? Join us again next time on English at Work to find out. Bye!
当然得立刻行动了。听起来Rachel这次做的很过火,只能让Anna去解决问题了。但她又能怎样做呢?记得收听下一期职场英语哦!拜拜~~

点击加载更多

上一篇: A step too far

下一篇: Rachel the rabbit!

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
What item has Denise and Tom both lost?
A  their pens
B  their rulers
C  their papers
显示答案