按书来做 分享到:
Doing it by the book 2018-06-0553658

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Welcome back to the offices of Tip Top Trading where Tom has taken a tumble.He was trying to catch a mouse but tripped over. Can Anna help soothe the pain? Let’s find out.
欢迎回到顶级贸易公司办公室,上期说道Tom不慎跌了一跤。想捉老鼠不成,反而被绊倒了。Anna能帮他舒缓疼痛吗?一起寻找答案吧~
Ooh… oww… ouch. My arm really hurts.
啊,哎呦。。。胳膊好疼!
(Door opens) What’s all this noise about?
(门开了)怎么这么吵啊?
(In a panic) It’s Tom. He’s had an accident – tripped over a mouse – I mean tripped over trying to catch a mouse.
(恐慌中)Tom出事了,被老鼠绊倒了。我是说他在捉老鼠时被绊倒了。
Golly gosh. Are you OK Tom?
天哪。Tom,你没事吧?
I dunno. I think I’ve broken something.
不知道。我好像把什么东西打碎了。
Your pencil I think! Just sit there at my desk and I’ll go and call a first-aider.
应该是你的铅笔吧。坐在我办公桌上别动,我去给急救员打电话。
Anna, you’re going to have to fill in one of those Health and Safety reports.
Anna,你得填一份健康安全报告。
Oh really? Do we have to?
啊?真的?还得填报告?
It’s procedure and it’s the law – it’s got to be done. Now Tom, would a biscuit make you feel better?
是的,报告是项程序,法律规定必须要填。好了,Tom,吃块饼干会不会好点?
Health and Safety is important in the workplace. The office needs to be a safe place to work in, but accidents do happen and that’s when you have to report it.Anna, do you know where to find the form you need to fill in?
健康安全报告在工作场所很重要。办公室应是安全工作地,可一旦事故发生,必须得填写报告。Anna,你知道去哪找报告表吗?
(Typing on computer) I think so. It’s here on the company intranet… here it is, ’accident report form’.
(在电脑上打字)应该知道。我记得在公司内网里。啊,找到了,‘事故报告表’。
Yes, it’s sometimes called an ’incident or accident report form’. It will ask you:How did the accident happen? What was the cause of the accident? Were there any injuries? And how could the accident have been avoided?
对,就是这个,有时也可称为‘事件或事故报告表’。它通常会问:事故是怎样发生的?事故原因是什么?是否有人受伤?事故本可以如何避免?
OK, I had better get started.
好的,我们现在开始填吧。
(putting phone down) Right, I’ve call the first-aider. She’ll be here in ten minutes. Now, do you need a hand with this form, Anna?
(把电话放下)我已经给急救员打完电话了,她十分钟后就到。Anna,需要我帮忙填表吗?
Yes please Denise. It wants to know how the accident happened.
恩,Denise,来帮我一下。首先,事故是怎样发生的。
Just say there was a mouse… no, a large rat… running about that needed catching. And Tom, very bravely, tried to catch it.
就说有一只老鼠,不对,是一只大鼠跑来跑去。Tom非常勇敢地想抓住它。
(Typing) Yes… and then he tripped over something.
(打字)恩。。。然后他被绊倒了。
Was it your ego Tom?
Tom,你把自己绊倒了?
Err? Ha ha. Ouch! No, it was a sample box of Perfect Peaches.
啊?哎呦!不是,是一个样品盒。
So, the cause of the accident was a box of Perfect Peaches left on the floor. Who left them there anyway?
这么说,事故原因是放在地上的一个样品盒(完美桃子)。对了,谁把盒子扔那的?
That might have been me Denise.
好像是我,Denise。
What do I always say about putting things away? Now Anna, it says here ’Were there any injuries?’
我平常说什么了?别乱扔东西。Anna,下一个问题:有人受伤吗?
So I’ll write, ’Yes, a member of staff broke his arm.’
那我要填‘是的,一名工作人员摔断了胳膊’。
Sprained his arm. I think he’d be in more pain if it was broken, hey Tom?
不对,是扭伤手臂。我想要是摔断了,应该更疼。是吧,Tom?
What? Err, yeah. It still hurts though.
什么?呃,好吧,不过我真的很疼。
Hmm! Now finally it says ’What can be done to avoid this accident again?’
恩!最后一个问题:事故本可以如何避免?
Get rid of the mice… I mean rats?
弄走老鼠,呃,我是说弄走大鼠。
No. Store things away properly and keep the office tidy, eh Tom?
不对,应该是妥善保存物品、保持办公室清洁。对吧,Tom?
Yeah, I suppose so… but I was only trying to catch that mouse.
呃,应该是吧,但我只是想抓住老鼠啊。
I know, very heroic. I’m starting to see what Anna sees in you, you know.
我知道,你很英勇。但关键是Anna怎样看你。
Oh no, Anna, our dinner date!
啊,不,Anna,我们的晚餐约会!
So, it’s been an eventful day in the office. Anna has done the proper thing by completing an accident report form.If you have to report an accident at work, here are some of the questions you might be asked:
哎,这一天办公室里还真是事情多多啊。Anna已经正确填写了事故报告表。如果您在工作时要报告事故,通常会碰到以下几个问题:
How did the accident happen?
事故是怎样发生的?
What was the cause of the accident?
事故原因是什么?
Were there any injuries? And:
是否有人受伤?
How could the accident have been avoided?
事故本可以如何避免?
So luckily for Anna she might get out of that date with Tom!
Anna真幸运,她可以不和Tom去约会啦。
Hey Tom, don’t look so glum. I’m up for dinner if you still are?
嗨,Tom,别闷闷不乐的。我还想和你去吃晚餐呢~
Ouch… really?
哎呦,真的嘛?
Sure Tom, and as you’ve only got one arm now, you won’t be hugging me all the time.
当然,但你现在只有一只胳膊,就不用一直抱着我了。
(snigger) You’ll have to spoon feed him his food too!
(偷笑)你得用勺子喂他吃饭哦~
Denise, could you go and call pest control please?
Denise,你能去叫下害虫控制员吗?
Careful what you say Denise, or you may get injured too! So it looks Anna and Tom’s dinner date is on – I can’t wait to be a fly-on-the-wall! See you again soon. Bye!
Denise,小心你说的话哟,别自己也受伤了!Anna和Tom的晚餐约会似乎仍要进行,哇,我真想马上变成‘墙上苍蝇’——(未被发现的观察者)。下期见喽,拜拜~

点击加载更多

上一篇: The dinner date

下一篇: The Appraisal

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
In the accident, what did Tom trip over?
A  A chair
B  A box of Perfect Peaches
C  A pen
显示答案