传授秘诀 分享到:
To show you the ropes 2018-10-3060061

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

(Left Door Opens) Quick, gather round, here she comes.
(左边门开了)快点,大家聚好,她来了。
(All cheer) Welcome back Denise, we just couldn’t survive without you.
(全体欢呼)哦,Denise,欢迎回来。没有你的日子里,我们简直无法生活。
Oh bless you.
哦,祝福你!
Yes welcome back to Tip Top Trading Denise.Paul, the boss, was a little hasty in getting rid of her so now he’s asked her back but negotiated some new conditions which include learning how to be a Sales Executive, like Anna.But who’s going to show her what to do?
没错,Denise,欢迎回到顶级贸易公司。当初她被Paul匆忙开除,如今虽已回到公司,却提出一些新条件,比如学习成为Anna一样的销售主管。可谁来教她呢?
(Door opens) Oh, hello Denise. Nice to have you back. I suppose I had to eat my words didn’t I?
(门开了)哦,嗨,Denise。很高兴你回来上班。我想我得收回前言吧?
Yes, well it makes a change from biscuits!Now, where have you put my stapler and my red pens?
恩,不过这和吃饼干可不同!对了,你把我的订书机和红钢笔放哪了?
Don’t worry about that, I’ve got you a new stapler and a new desk, right here next to Anna.
别担心,我给你买了新的订书机和办公桌,就在Anna旁边。
Oh lovely.
哇,真可爱。
Well you wanted some experience in sales, so I thought Anna could show you the ropes.
你说想获得一些销售经验,我觉得Anna可以指点给你。
Ropes? I don’t have any ropes!
绳子?我没有绳子啊!
Anna, if you ’show someone the ropes’ it means you explain to someone how to do the job. You’ll be great at that.
Anna,show someone the ropes意思是向某人解释如何做工作。你肯定能做好的。
Oh I see. Well I might know what to do but I’m no good at explaining it to someone else.
哦,明白了。但是我知道自己怎么做,不擅长向别人解释。
Well the best way is to start at the beginning. Why not suggest to her to ‘watch what I do’,or give her some of your tasks and say ‘please could you make a start on these?’and then reassure her by saying ‘I’m here to help so please ask me if you need to know what to do.’ Good luck.
最好的办法就是从头开始。你可以建议她‘观察你所为’。或分配给她一些任务,并说‘你能着手处理一下吗?’哦,还有,你要向她保证,‘我会在这里,所以若需帮忙请随时来问。’祝你好运!
Thanks! (To Denise) So Denise, it’s nice to have you back, how’s your new desk?
谢谢你(对Denise说)Denise,很高兴你能回来。新桌子怎么样?
Much bigger than my old one – and look, it goes up….and down.
比我那旧的大多了,而且你看,它能上能下的。
Yes it does. OK, shall we make a start then and I’ll show you the ropes.
是啊。好了,现在开始工作,我来给你指点吧~
Oh yes Anna, of course Anna. Do I need to use the phone?
好的,Anna。我要用电话吗?
I reckon you’re quite experienced with the phone already Denise!
Denise,我估计你习惯用电话了吧!
Thank you Tom. We won’t make any calls yet, just watch what I do for a while.Look, I’m just checking our database so see who we haven’t called for a while.
Tom,谢谢。Denise,我们现在不用打电话,你看我做一会就好。看,我在检查数据库,查看未打电话的客户。
Oh yes.
恩。
I’m just checking the dates here…in fact Denise, why don’t you make a start on this.
其实只查看日期就好,Denise,你来做下吧。
(Phone rings) Of course…oh look, my phone’s ringing.
(电话铃响)好的。。。哦,看,我的电话响了。
Are you going to answer it then?
你去接下吧?
Oh right. Hello, Tip Top Trading, Denise speaking…oh hello Marge! (To Anna) It’s Marge, Anna!
好的。嗨,我是顶级贸易公司的Denise。哦,你好,Marge!(对Anna说)Anna,是Marge!
Oh right. I’ll leave you to it – I’m here to help, so please ask me if you need to know what to do.
好吧,让你打电话。不过我会在这里,所以若需帮忙请随时来问。
OK Anna, I won’t be long. (Back to the phone) So Marge, how did it go the other night?Really? Really! Well, I’m sitting at my new desk…
好的,Anna,我不会打太久。(接着打电话)Marge,那天晚上怎么样?什么?真的?恩,我现在换了新办公桌。
Nice to have her back hey?! Some Sales Exec she’s going to be!
呵,让她回来很好,是吧?就这样还做销售主管?
Everyone has to start somewhere Tom! Now Anna is helping – or coaching - DeniseI’m sure she’ll become an excellent worker. Here are some of the phrases Anna used to help her:
Tom!每个人都要从头开始!再说,Anna正在帮助她。我相信Denise一定会成为优秀工作者。来听听Anna帮她时用到的词语吧。
Let me show you the ropes.
让我给你指点。
Watch what I do for a while.
请看我所做工作。
Why don’t you make a start on this?
你来着手处理吧。
I’m here to help, so please ask me if you need to know what to do.
我会在这里,所以若需帮忙请随时来问。
Let’s find out how Denise is getting on.
一起看看Denise的进展吧。
(Still on phone) So I said to him, it’s just not my colour…yes exactly…hold on Marge, everyone’s looking at me. I’d better call you back. Yes, tonight. Bye!
(仍在打电话)所以我对他说,‘我不喜欢你的肤色’。对,没错。等下,Marge,大家都在看我呢。我还是稍后给你打吧。好的,就晚上,拜拜~
Hmm, you’ve certainly got a good phone manner. Do you think you could order some pens now, we’ve run out.
恩,你打电话还真礼貌。Denise,去订购些钢笔吧,我们都用完了。
That’s not my responsibility anymore.
那又不是我的责任。
Err, I think it is.
呃,我想是。
Isn’t!
不是!
Is.
是!!
Isn’t!
不是!!
You two, please!
行了,你们两个别吵了。
Well, she’s got time for personal calls but not to order pens. (PHONE RINGS)Oh hold on….Oh Hi Jim, how’s things? Yeah! Did you catch the match last night? What a goal!
你看她,有时间接电话,没时间买笔。(电话铃响)哦,等下。嗨,Jim,怎么样?哇塞,你看昨晚的比赛了吗?那球太棒了!
Really!
切,是吗?
Oh dear Anna. Things aren’t going well.It’s time to sort things out again but what are you going to do?Join us again next time to find out. Bye!
哦,亲爱的Anna。事情不妙哦。你现在要解决问题,但要怎么做呢?在下期职场英语中寻找答案吧,拜拜~

点击加载更多

上一篇: Pushed to the limits

下一篇: Eating humble pie

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
What task does Anna give Denise to do first?
A  checking the database of clients to see who hasn’t been called for a while
B  ordering some pens
C  making some calls
显示答案