逼到极限! 分享到:
Pushed to the limits 2018-11-0659812

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Welcome back to English at Work.At the offices of Tip Top Trading, things are a bit… tricky.Denise has been reinstated at the company but now wants to do more than just ordering pens.Tom has other ideas and Anna is just caught in the middle.Who can she turn to? Paul maybe… or maybe not?
欢迎回到职场英语。顶级贸易公司办公室的事情有点棘手。Denise虽已回到公司,却不想仅作买笔等事。Tom心中又另有所想。弄得Anna被夹在中间,左右为难。她能向谁求助呢?Paul?或许是他,或许不是。
(In Paul’s office) So Denise, let’s get this straight. You don’t want to order the pens anymore, right?
(Paul的办公室里)Denise,咱们有话直说吧。你再也不想订购钢笔了,是吧?
Well, I did say if I came back, I wanted to have a go at doing sales.
是的,我说过假如回来上班,想做销售工作。
Err, yes, you did. That’s right.
呃,好吧,你是说过,没错。
Yeah but we got Denise back because we didn’t have anyone to order our pens and stuff. That’s her main job.
可我们让Denise回来,是因为没人订购钢笔和其他物品。这才是她的主要工作。
Err yes, absolutely. I see your point.
呃,也对,我明白你的意思。
Excuse me Paul, could I suggest we all take it in turns to order things like pens and paper… share the responsibility?
打扰一下,Paul,我觉得我们可轮流订购纸张和钢笔,共同承担责任。
That’s a good idea Anna.
好主意,Anna。
Yeah but…
可是。。。
No buts Tom, that’s a good solution.Well done Anna… could you draw up a rota so we know who’s going to be ordering the pens and when?And don’t forget to order biscuits too! Phew, I’m glad I got that sorted out. Right, back to work everyone.
Tom,没有但是,这个办法很好。好了,Anna,麻烦你帮我写下轮值表,以便大家清楚自己的订购时间。别忘了订饼干!呼,问题终于解决了。好了,大家回去工作吧。
(Door closes) I can’t believe I’ve got to order pens, it’s Denise’s responsibility… err, are you OK Anna?
(门开了)简直不敢相信,我还要去订笔,这明明是Denise的责任。。。呃,Anna,你还好吧?
No I’m not. I can’t draw up a rota, not now. I’ve got too much to do.
不好!我现在没时间写轮值表。事太多了!
Oh don’t panic Anna. Just do what I do.
呃,你别慌,照我做就行了。
What’s that?
怎么做?
Nothing! Just do what you can do and then pretend you’ve forgotten about the other stuff. Easy!
啥都不做!你能做什么就做什么,假装自己忘了其他事情,简单吧?
Oh dear, Tom’s not that professional is he?Not like you Anna. You just need to get organised and prioritise.
哦,亲爱的,Tom可真不专业。不像你,Anna。你得好好整理,分清主次。
I need to prioritise?
分清主次?
Yes. Decide what tasks need doing first and maybe delegate some tasks to others.You could say to people “I’ve got to prioritise. This is the most important so I’m going to concentrate on this first.”then you could say to someone “It would be a great help if you could take on this other task”.You could also say “I’ll have to put off some tasks until tomorrow”.And if you still feel under pressure, say to your boss “I need help, I have too much to do”.
是的。你要决定哪些事情先做,哪些事情委派给他人。你可以说“我得分清主次。这件事情最重要,所以我得先做这件事。”“希望你做此任务,我将不胜感激。”你还可以说“我得把部分任务推到明天去做。”如果你仍觉得有压力,可以对老板说“我的事太多了,我需要帮忙。”
Thanks, good advice. I’m just writing a list of all the things I need to do on my new mini me-pad.
谢谢,好建议。我现在就把要做的事情列表,写在新迷你-Pad上。
Writing a list is a good place to start. Good luck!
绘制列表可是个好开始哦,祝你好运!
There, that’s my list finished. Ah, Denise, sorry to bother you, but you know that rota I was talking about?
好了,写完了。啊,Denise,很抱歉打扰你,你知道轮值表的事吗?
The one for ordering pens?
订购钢笔的轮值表?
That’s it. Well, I’m so busy, I was wondering…it would be a great help… if you could make a start on this? Please?
没错。那个,我现在很忙,所以。。。你能帮我做一下表吗?可是帮了大忙啊!
Of course Anna. As it’s you. If it was Tom asking, I would have said no!
当然可以。因为是你找我帮忙。要是Tom的话,我肯定不答应!
(Calling over) What’s that Denise? Hey Anna, what are we going to do about the designs for that plastic aubergine?
(大喊)你说什么,Denise?嘿,Anna,我们什么时候讨论塑料茄子的设计?
Gosh, our new aubergine. Hmm, I’m going to have to put that off until tomorrow I’m afraid.
呃,苍天,我们的新茄子。Tom,恐怕得推到明天了。
Oh right. Why, have you got something more important for us to do together, eh?
哦,好的,难道你有其他更重要的事吗?
No Tom. I’ve just got to prioritise.
没有,我只是想分清主次。
This new order from Nice’n’Cheesy is the most important, so I’m going to concentrate on that first. OK?
美味奶酪店的订单更重要,所以我要先处理这件事。懂了吗?
Oh yeah sure. Me and you will have to wait until tomorrow!So… so… how’s it going with Dave from Computer Support?
哦,当然。那咱俩等明天再说吧。对了,你和技术顾问Dave怎样了?
Very well thanks Tom. Last night he took me somewhere I’ve never been to before.
谢谢你,Tom。昨晚他带我去了我从没去过的地方。
Really. Nice.
是吗?不错。
Yes, a discount computer shop – he bought me a mini me-pad.
是的,一家电脑折扣店。他给我买了台迷你pad。
Oh. Just a ’mini’ one hey.
切,不就是迷你嘛。
Now, if you could take more interest in our Nice’n’Cheesy contract than you do in Dave, it would be a great help.
Tom,拜托你多关注点与美味奶酪店的合同,别再对Dave感兴趣了,行吗?谢谢。
Oh, yeah, sure, yes, of course… (trying to make a joke) nice’n’sleazy, that’s a good name for Dave!
哦,可以,当然可以。(试着开玩笑)超级低俗男,哈,好名字,真适合Dave。
Idiot! Getting organised is important when you have a lot to do.Tell people what you’re doing and don’t forget to ask for help.Here’s a reminder of what Anna said:
白痴!当有很多事情要做时,组织整理很重要。告诉别人你在做什么,不要忘了寻求帮助。下面回顾下Anna说过的短语:
I’ve got to prioritise. This task is the most important so I’m going to concentrate on this first.
我得分清主次,这项任务最重要,所以我得先做这件事。
It would be a great help if you could do this for me please.
若你帮做此事,我将不胜感激。
I’m going to have to put that off until tomorrow I’m afraid.
恐怕得推到明天。
And don’t forget, when you simply have too much to do, tell your boss!
还有,事情太多了,别忘了告诉老板!
(Door knocks and opens) Hello Paul, sorry to bother you.I’m a bit worried… I just have too much to do and need some help.
(敲门,开门)嗨,Paul,不好意思,打扰你了。我有点担心,事情太多了,我需要帮助。
Yes of course. I don’t want you feeling stressed.
啊,当然,我不想让你有压力。
Let me think… erm... I know, why don’t I do the pen rota?
我想想。。。啊,知道了,我帮你做轮值表吧?
It’s OK, Denise has offered to do that.
呃,不用了,Denise已经帮我做了。
Phew, I mean super! Erm… hmm… well, maybe Tom could help you with the launch party?
呼,太棒了。呃。。。那,就让Tom帮你处理发布会的事吧?
Launch party? What launch party?
发布会?什么发布会?
Didn’t Tom tell you?
Tom没告诉你吗?
No, he didn’t.
没啊,他没说啊。
We’re launching the plastic aubergine on Friday.
好吧,本周五我们要举行塑料茄子发布会。
Oh no!
呃,不是吧!
Keep calm Anna! We’re here to helpalthough organising a launch party in a week is quite a challenge.Find out how it goes on the next English at Work. Bye!
保持冷静,Anna,我们会帮你的。虽然在一周内组织发布会很有挑战性。记得在下期职场英语中寻找答案,观察进展哦,拜拜~

点击加载更多

上一篇: Introduction

下一篇: To show you the ropes

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
When is Anna going to look at the designs for the plastic aubergine?
A  right now
B  tomorrow
C  the day after tomorrow
显示答案