签合同 分享到:
Sign on the dotted line 2017-07-1831494

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Help, help!
救命,救命!
Help us! We’re locked in.
救救我们!我们被锁住了。
Oh dear. Do you remember that Tom and Anna are locked in the stationery cupboard?
噢天啊。还记得上次Tom和Anna被关在了文具柜里?
What are they going to do? And what will people say when they are discovered in there? I have a feeling we’re about to find out…
他们打算怎么出来?还有别人看见了会怎么说?我有种感觉要马上揭晓…
Goodness, what’s that? Anna is that you? And is that you Tom?
天啊,这是什么?Anna是你吗?还有Tom吗?
Yes, help! We’re locked in.
是的,救命啊!我们被锁住了。
Don’t panic, I’ve got the key. There. How on earth…
不要惊慌,我有钥匙。在这里,到底怎么…
…it’s not how it looks Denise. We were just… erm…
Denise不是你看到的那样的,我们刚刚就是,额…
…just looking for envelopes.
就是在找信封。
Really?!
果真?!
Yes, yes, really. The door slammed shut and locked from the inside when Tom walked in.
是是的,真的。Tom进来的时候,门砰一下子就关上了还从里面锁住了。
Yeah, she’s right. Just walked in, and shut the door and bang.
对,她说的对。就是刚走进来,门砰的一声就关上了。
Hmm. Let’s just keep it our little secret shall we. I thought you had better taste Anna!
嗯嗯。让我们保守住这个秘密吧,好吗?Anna,我觉得你品味不错!
Ah there you are Anna, I need a word with you… Oh, you look like you’ve been caught doing something you shouldn’t! Ha ha.
啊,Anna你在这里,我有话跟你说。噢,你怎么一副做坏事被人抓住的样子!哈哈!
…but I haven’t.
我没有。
Just joking Anna. Now could you step in to my office, we need to touch base about the European marketing strategy.
开玩笑啦Anna。你现在可以到我办公室来一下,我们需要好好讨论一下欧洲市场战略。
Are we playing baseball?!
我们要打棒球?
No Anna! Touch base. He wants to catch up with you, probably to see how you’re getting on. Go on Anna, let’s see what he has to say.
不是Anna!讨论。他想和你了解一下情况,可能是想了解你的工作进展。继续Anna,看看他要说什么。
Oh I see. That door doesn’t lock does it?
哦我懂了。那个门没有锁是吧?
No, I don’t think so. Right Anna. Biscuit? These new peanut ones are quite nice. So how are things with the project?
应该没有。Anna,吃饼干吗?这些是新的花生饼干很好吃。最近项目进展得怎样了?
Well, I’ve done some cold calling and have an order from a company in France.
我打了些调查电话,还拿到了法国一家公司的订单。
I see. Very impressive but have they signed on the dotted line yet?
我知道了。很棒,不过他们签合同了吗?
The dotted line?
什么虚线?
Have they actually signed the contract yet?
他们签合同了吗?
Well, no, but…
还没,不过…
…that’s the problem. There’s a rival company who’s also targeting the European market called Tutti Fruity - and they’ll do anything to steal our customers.
这就有问题了。有一家Tutti Fruity是我们的竞争对手,他们也在进军欧洲市场——他们会不择手段地挖走我们的客户。
Oh I see.
我知道了。
So, to keep our head above water, we need a clear strategy… and that’s why I’ve put you in charge. So what shall we do?
所以,为了我们能生存下去,我们需要一个清晰的战略…这正是我让你来负责的原因。所以我们应该怎么做?
I’ve a feeling Paul hasn’t a clue – that’s why he wants you to come up with the ideas.
我感觉到Paul没有一点想法——所以他想你来出谋划策。
I think you’re right – but I don’t know what to say.
我觉得你说的没错——可是我不知道该说什么。
Tell him we need to price the rivals out of the market, that means offer the lowest prices so nobody wants to buy plastic fruit from our rivals.
告诉他我们要用价格来把对手赶出市场,也就是说我们要提供最低的价格,这样子就没有人会购买我们的对手的塑料水果。
You could say that we need to corner the market, that means Tip Top Trading dominates the plastic fruit market.
你可以说是垄断市场,就是顶级贸易公司会支配整个塑料水果市场。
Oh, thanks. That’s very useful.
好谢谢。很有用。
So Anna, any thoughts?
那么Anna,有没有别的点子?
Lots Paul. I think we’ve got to compete on price.
很多Paul。我觉得我们应该在价格上竞争。
Oh yes?
是什么意思?
We need to price Tutti Fruity out of the market.
我们要用价格将Tutti Fruity公司逐出市场。
We need to corner the market so that everyone knows we are the best choice for good quality, good value plastic fruit.
我们要垄断市场,那么大家都会知道我们是购买质量好,价值高的塑料水果的最佳选择。
I like it!
我喜欢。
And… and…
还有…
Tell him we need to build good relationships with our customers – that means we give them good service.
就说我们要和我们的客户建立起良好的关系——我们要给他们提供很好的服务。
…we need to build good relationships with our customers. Talk to them regularly, send them gifts… go and meet them face to face.
我们要和我们的客户建立起良好的关系。常和他们联系,送他们礼物,去和他们面对面。
Face to face? Yes, great idea – just what I was thinking. If we follow this strategy I reckon there could be a bonus for us all by Christmas.
面对面?好主意——正如我所想的。如果我们依照这个战略实施的话,我估计圣诞节我们大家能拿到奖金。
Well done Anna. Very convincing. If you can put your ideas into practice you’ll save the company.
干得漂亮Anna。非常有说服力。如果你能把你的主意应用到实践中,你就拯救了公司。
Let’s remind ourselves of the words you used to create the European marketing strategy…
回顾一下你在想欧洲战略时所用的句子…
We’ve got to compete on price.
我们要进行价格竞争。
We need to price the rivals out of the market.
我们要用价格把对手逐出市场。
We need to corner the market.
我们要垄断市场。
We need to build good relationships with our customers.
我们要和我们的客户建立起良好的关系。
Well, things seem to be going well for Anna… or are they?
Anna的情况似乎进行得很顺利,或者并不是?
Anna! Anna! That man from France has called again and left a message. He’s not happy this time. Something about us trying to rip them off!
Anna!Anna!法国那个男士又打电话过来了还留了一条信息。他这次很不高兴。好像是我们在欺骗他们。
What? Rip them off?
什么?欺骗?
It means over charging them or giving them poor quality goods.
就是卖高价卖或卖给他们残次产品。
That’s not fair. I’m going to have to sort this out.
这不公平。我要解决这个问题。
That’s it Anna – go and build a good relationship with your customer! Bye for now.
就是这样Anna,去和客户建立起良好的关系!下次再见。

点击加载更多

上一篇: The deal is off!

下一篇: Two heads are better than one

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Paul tells Anna he wants to touch base, what does he mean?
A  To ask her eat some biscuits.
B  To catch up and discuss how things are going.
C  To make sure everything is all right.
显示答案