新同事来了 分享到:
The power struggle 2017-09-1539866

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Welcome back to English at Work where Anna is very… well, very happy! You’re in a good mood Anna.
欢迎回到职场英语,Anna在哪儿呢,像是十分高兴!你看起来心情不错,Anna。
Well, I’m just back from France, where everything went really well. It was quite an experience.
我刚从法国回来,一切都很顺利。真是非常棒的经历。
Good. You got the contract for that big order. All you need to do now is to deliver what you’ve promised.
很棒。你签了一笔大订单的合同。你现在要做的就是按你承诺的去送货。
I know.
我知道。
Hello Anna. Is Tom OK? He seems really grumpy since he got back from France.
你好,Anna。Tom还好吗?他从法国回来之后,感觉脾气很不好。
He’s fine. He just had to sleep on the sofa last night.
他很好啊。他昨晚在沙发上睡了一宿。
Really?! I’m sure that’s not what he was planning.
真的吗?我想这应该不是他原本的计划。
Now, did Paul mention he’s got a new member of staff for you to meet this morning?
对了,Paul有说他今天早上要给你介绍一位新同事吗?
No.
没有。
Typical! Well, she’s coming up in the lift with Paul now.
正常!她现在和Paul坐电梯上来了。
Oh, so who is she?
噢,她是谁?
It’s Rachel. Do you remember? She’s the woman who Mr Socrates recommended.
是Rachel。你还记得吗?她是Mr Socrates推荐的那个女人。
He says she’s brilliant and allegedly one of his best employees… oh, here she comes now.
他说她很聪明,并称是他最好的员工之一。噢,她来了。
…and this is our office. Ah, Anna, there you are. Did I mention before you went to France, that Rachel is joining us for a while?
这是你的办公室。啊,Anna,你在这儿。之前你去巴黎之前我有没跟你提过,Rachel将会加入我们团队一阵子?
No.
没有。
Ah… well… here she is. This is Rachel.
那好,这位就是Rachel。
Hi!
嗨!
Hi. I’m Anna. I work here as a sales executive.
嗨!我是Anna。我是这里的销售主管。
I know. You’re quite new aren’t you, ya?
我知道。你还是个新人,不是吗?
Not that new. She’s just won a great contract for us. Anyway, looks like you two are going to get on like a house on fire.
也不算新。她刚刚为我们拿下了一笔大合同。总之,看起来你们会一见如故的。
Anna, I’d like you to, sort of, work alongside Rachel.
Anna,我希望那你能和Rachel一起工作。
Alongside? Shouldn’t I be in charge?
一起?难道不是我来负责吗?
Yes… it’s just, you know, you’re not familiar with our office and Anna is, sort of, across this new contract… so… if you don’t mind?
是的,不过你还不熟悉我们的办公室,而Anna刚签了新合同,所以……如果你不介意的话?
OK. Just for now, but don’t think I’m going to be told what to do.
目前就这样吧,但别以为我会任人叫唤。
I’m sure you won’t be Rachel but maybe we could help each other?
Rachel,我保证不会的,不过或许我们应该互相帮助?
I’ll try.
我会试着去做的。
Good! Oh dear. This is awkward. I’ve never worked with anyone like this before.
很好!天啊,真尴尬。我之前从没跟这样的人打过交道。
Well, now’s your chance Anna. Rachel may be awkward to manage but try these phrases which may help things go more smoothly.
你的机会来了,Anna。Rachel可能会比较难应付,但试试这些句子会让你更顺利些。
Say, "I understand you have lots of experience so I would like to use your skills to help with the task."
说:“我知道你有很丰富的经验,所以我想用你的技巧来完成任务。”
And, "Together we can do this job really well." But why not just start by making her a cup of tea. Good luck!
还有“我们一起能把工作做得很好。”不过,为什么不给她先倒杯茶呢?祝好运!
Oh thanks. Rachel, would you like a cup of tea? And then we could talk about this contract.
谢谢。Rachel,你想来杯茶吗?然后我们可以谈一下这次的合同。
I don’t drink tea. Let’s just get down to business.
我不喝茶,直接说公事吧。
Oh, right.
好的。
Now, I think you need to check your stock and make sure you’ve got your oranges.
我认为你现在应该检查一下你的库存,确保你有足够的橙子。
Err… It’s lemons actually.
额,是柠檬。
Whatever. Just get them and… you know… put them in a… thingy… a box.
随便。反正就是把它们,你懂的,放在某个箱子里。
Well, actually… I understand you have lots of experience so maybe we could you use your skills for this task?
事实上,我知道你有很丰富的经验,所以或许我们可以用你的技巧来完成任务?
Well, it’s true, I do have lots of experience. Thanks for recognising that.
那倒是,我确实有很多经验。谢谢你的认可。
So maybe… we could work on this job… together?
那么,或许我们一起能把工作做好?
Oh ya, sure. Great. Of course. I can get hold of these oranges… err… lemons, pronto. I know a man who can get some second-hand ones, it’ll save us loads of money.
嗯是的,当然。我可以处理好这些橙子,额,柠檬,我知道如果我们能拿到二手货,就能帮我们节省很多钱。
But what about the quality?
可是质量呢?
Quality?! It’s the cost we’ve got to worry about. Keep up Hannah.
质量?!我们应该担心的是成本问题。跟上了,Hanna。
Anna.
是Anna。
Come on Anna. Don’t let her boss you around. It’s time to stand your ground.
拜托,Anna。别让她指手画脚的。是时候坚定你自己的立场了。
If she causes trouble say "let’s discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action" or "please respect my decision and let’s move on."
如果她搞事情的话,就说:“我们来讨论一下然后得出一致的行动计划”或“请尊重我的决定,我们继续吧。”
Hmm, OK, I’ll give it a try. Rachel, I like your enthusiasm but… can we discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action?
好的,我会尝试的。Rachel,我喜欢你的热情,但是我们是不是可以一起讨论然后得出一致的行动计划?
Of course. Why didn’t you say? Come on discuss… discuss… talk!
当然。你怎么不早说?来讨论,讨论吧,说!
Well, we pride ourselves on quality products and our Imperial Lemon is particularly good… and I think our client is expecting that.
产品质量是我们的骄傲,帝国柠檬又是特别出优秀的,而且我认为我们的客户很期待我们的产品。
So I would like to send them what I had promised in the contract.
所以我想按照我们在合同上承诺的来做。
Oh ya, I see. But I’m not really sure you’re right.
我明白了。但是不见得你就是对的。
Well, if you could just respect my decision this time and we can move on?
如果这次你能尊重我的决定,我们就能愉快地继续了。
Well, just this once Hannah. But I think I’m going to have to talk to Mr Socrates about you.
就这一次,Hanna。不过我想我应该会和Mr Socrates谈一下你。
Well done Anna for standing your ground.
很好,Anna,你坚定了自己的立场。
It can sometimes be tricky working with a new member of staff, but it’s important to try and develop a good working relationship – remember business comes first!
有时候和新同事一起工作会很难,但最重要的是搞好公正关系——记住公事第一!
Let’s hear those phrases again:
让我们再听一次:
I understand you have lots of experience, so I would like to use your skills to help with the task.
我知道你有很丰富的经验,所以我想用你的技巧来完成任务。
Together we can do this job really well.
我们一起能把工作做得很好
Let’s discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action.
我们来讨论一下然后得出一致的行动计划。
Please respect my decision and let’s move on.
请尊重我的决定,我们继续吧。
Hi Anna. Can’t believe we were in France this time yesterday.
嗨,Anna。根本想象不到我们昨天这个时候还在法国。
Oh hello, Tommy boy. Long time no see! This is a nice surprise.
噢,你好,汤米男孩,好久不见!真是太惊喜了。
Err… mmmm…
额。
Have you two met before?
你们之前见过?
We certainly have. Hey Tommy boy?
我们当然见过。嘿,汤米男孩?
Oh no!
噢,不是吧!
Ha ha. Looks like Tom is lost for words – let’s hope he finds them in time for the next episode of English at Work. Bye!
看起来Tom词穷了——希望在下一集中他能及时找到合适的话语。再见!

点击加载更多

上一篇: Introduction

下一篇: Rachel the rabbit!

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
What fruit does Rachel think they are sending to the new client?
A  Oranges
B  Imperial Lemon
C  Apples
显示答案