这个男人亲手制造了一架二战时期的战斗机 分享到:
This Man Built a WWII Fighter Plane by Hand 2017-11-0545456

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

The most recognizable thing in the sky is obviously the silhouette of the Spitfire.
天空中最具有辨识度的,无疑就是“喷火”式战斗机的剪影了。
She’s just a beautiful lady, I assure a lot of men would actually like to marry her. I’m sure their wives wouldn’t agree.
她就像一个迷人的女士. 我保证许多男士都想娶她为妻, 不过我也确信他们的妻子是不会同意的。
There’s 396 parts in a Spitfire C. How do I know that? I built it.
一架喷火C型战斗机有396个部件。我怎么知道的?因为我造了一架呀。
This is Martin Phillips.
他是马丁·菲利普斯。
My name is Martin Phillips and I’m sitting next to my Spitfire RR232 which I’m the proud owner of.
我叫马丁·菲利普斯,我正坐在我的“喷火”RR232旁边。我很骄傲能够拥有它。
Martin is obsessed with Spitfires.
马丁痴迷于“喷火”式战斗机。
The big bombers join in pounding the shoreline.
大型轰炸机参与轰炸海岸线了。
In the darkest days of World War II, Spitfires filled the sky above England. They are an icon, like freedom on wings.
在二战最黑暗的那段日子里,“喷火”式战斗机翱翔在英国的天空。它们是众人关注的焦点,承载着自由的希望。
British kids make models of them. But Martin took his spitfire devotion to a whole other level.
英国的孩子们给它们做了模型。但马丁将它对“喷火”式战斗机的热爱提升至了另一境界。
For his 40th birthday, Martin’s friends gave him a single Spitfire rivet.
在马丁40岁生日那天,他的朋友们送了他一个“喷火”式战斗机的铆钉。
When I was presented with this rivet, the challenge was to go and build myself a Spitfire.
当我看到这个铆钉时,我萌生了一个想法,我想挑战自己,亲手造一架“喷火”式战斗机。
So on the spar of the moment, not thinking, I said: “well, I’ll go out on the Monday morning and I will build a Spitfire.”
在那一刻,我没有多加思索,我说“那就这样吧,我要周一早上出门,并且我要建造一架‘喷火’式战斗机。”
I never thought that over a period of 14 years, I’d probably wear three cars out with mileage along the journey
我从未想过这一计划会持续14年,在这个过程中,我一共拆卸了3辆服役中的汽车
to provide all the parts that you now see today.
来为飞机提供零件,正如你今天所看到的。
Two fuel tanks they came from Norway and Sweden. Some of the other parts came from Russia.
这两个油箱来自挪威和瑞典。其余的一些部件来自俄罗斯。
Some of the parts came from Israel. Some of the other parts came from Holland, came from France.
还有一些来自于以色列,荷兰,法国。
One of the wings was offered to us through a lost property department
一个失物招领机构提供给我们一个机翼。
and another wing came through a little guy coming into work. He said, “I’ve got a Spitfire wing in my garden.”
另一个机翼则是通过一位来这儿工作的伙计得到的。他说:“我在自家花园里发现了一个“喷火”式战斗机的机翼。”
The man-hours that go into a project like this. Don’t underestimate it.
无数工时最后凝聚成这样一个项目。不要小看它。
They are terrific and I know the blood, sweat and tears that went into that.
它很酷,并且我了解里面凝聚的鲜血、汗水和泪水。
After 14 years, I know the question you’re going to ask me, “Do you fly it?” Sadly, not.
14年后,我知道你们想要问我的问题,“你开过它吗?”遗憾的是,还没有。
I am learning to fly and I hope one day to fly it, but greater guys than me fly it.
我正在学习如何驾驶它,并且希望有一天可以开着它冲上天空。但是比我更优秀的人驾驶了它。
My name is Matt Jones. I’m a Spitfire pilot. The modern airliners fly 85% the speed of sounds
我叫马特·琼斯。我是一名“喷火”式战斗机飞行员。现代飞机的飞行速度是音速的85%
They got Spitfires flying at 96.97 % the speed of sound.
但“喷火”式战斗机的飞行速度是音速的96.97%。
You don’t get in a Spitfire you strap it on and it becomes a part of you.
你不是进入“喷火”式战斗机,而是紧紧抓住它,让它成为你的一部分。
Because the aeroplane means so much to so many people there are a lot of people who have gone down Martin’s path
因为很多人都对这架飞机有着深厚的情感,所以许多人都想步马丁的后尘,
and started thinking they want to build a Spitfire.
也开始想要建造一架“喷火”式战斗机。
But I’ve never met anyone else who’s completed it.
但是我没有遇到第二个成功的人。
He dedicated his life to finding the parts he needed to get this aeroplane flying again.
他穷尽毕生寻找能使这架战斗机重回蓝天的零件。
I went through these 14 years had heartache when bits didn’t fit.
在过去14年间,每当有小部件不匹配,我都会感到心痛。
Just putting it together and finishing it, and the provenance and the journey the journey I went on, you know tears.
我把它们拼在一起,完成它。从开始,到整个旅程,你懂的,这段我走过的,倾注着泪水的旅程。
Even today I cry when it runs. It’s just been amazing, absolutely amazing.
即使是今天,每当看到它飞翔时,我仍会热泪盈眶。这真的太惊人了,太伟大了。

点击加载更多

词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
How many parts are involved in a Spitfire C?
A  396
B  369
C  367
显示答案