全世界的垃圾是如何到的北冰洋? 分享到:
How waste from all of the world is ending up in the Arctic Ocean 2018-02-1330506

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

We try to sell this as Arctic and pristine and untouched.
人们把靠近北极,原始,未经开发当做卖点。
And it looks that way on pictures.
从图片上看起来是那样的。
But once you get here and you start to walk along the coastline, you get a completely other picture.
但是一旦你到了这里,沿着海岸线向前走,你看到的完全是另外的景象。
Just last year I think we took 30 tonnes, brought in household litter, food wrapping, bottles.
就在去年,我想我们大概带走了30公吨的垃圾,有家庭垃圾,食品包装,瓶子。
But the main part weight-wise is equipment from fisheries.
但是重量最大的部分是捕鱼设备。
Lots and lots and lots of pieces of rope.
许多许多的绳索。
Some are cut, some are obviously torn.
一些是断的,一些显然已经被扯裂。
The international fishing fleet is operating off-shore.
国际渔船队在近海处操作。
And we clearly find signs that they contribute to this.
并且我们清楚地发现渔船队有影响环境的迹象。
But still, we find litter from all over Europe and even some from across the Atlantic.
但是我们仍发现了来自欧洲各处的垃圾,甚至有一些横跨了大西洋的垃圾。
I mean you can throw a thing into the ocean in Florida and think ’hey, I’ve thrown it away’, and then it might end up here on our shores.
我指的是你在佛罗里达向海里扔东西,认为自己已经把它扔掉了,但随后它可能会漂到我们这里的海岸上。
They rather quickly break down into smaller pieces and even tiny little fibres.
垃圾很快分解成更小的碎片,甚至是微小纤维。
I think the coastline as a whole is-
我想整个海岸线就是-
I think you can characterise it as a micro plastic factory.
我想你可以将整个海岸线形容为一个小型塑料工厂。
Yeah, what to say?
是啊,要说些什么呢?
It’s so obvious that waht we are doing here is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.
很明显在这里我们所做的只是冰山一角的一角。
But it’s the visible tip, really.
但它确实是看得到的一角。
This is what is readily available.
这很容易办到。
I mean I pick up this little piece of litter and it gone.
我指的是我捡起垃圾碎片,垃圾就没有了。
And it won’t go out to sea again.
它不会再流入海中。
It helps.
这有所帮助。

点击加载更多

词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which is the main part weight-wise of litter took last year?
A fisheries
B  household litter
C food wrapping
显示答案