实验室里培养的肉类食品 分享到:
Laboratory-grown meat 2018-11-0834100

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

  • A legend revisitedA legend revisitedA legend revisitedA legend revisitedA legend revisitedA legend revisitedA legend revisitedA legend revisited 日本留学:留学生日语学习时间表流出日本留学:留学生日语学习时间表流出日本留学:留学生日语学习时间表流出日本留学:留学生日语学习时间表流出

Is this the future of food?
这就是食品的未来吗?
Here in Silicon Valley, scientists have taken cells plucked from the feathers of a chicken and are using them to grow meat in this hi-tech laboratory.
在硅谷,科学家们在高技术实验室里用从一只鸡的羽毛中提取的细胞培养鸡肉。
Which means the chicken Im about to eat, is weirdly still alive!
也就是说我即将要吃的那只鸡,还神奇地活着!
So there we have it. Our Just chicken nuggets, with a little bit of a chipotle ranch dipping sauce there.
这就呈现出我们Just 公司的鸡块,还有一点墨西哥辣椒酱。
I’m going to dip it in the sauce and take a bite… It’s really tasty.
我先把鸡肉在辣椒酱里沾一下,然后咬一口……味道很不错。
It tastes like chicken.
吃起来像鸡肉。
Although the taste is very similar, the physicality, the feel of it in your mouth is slightly different.
虽然味道很相似,但口感却略有不同。
This firm says its chicken will be on a restaurant menu by the end of this year.
这家公司表示,他们的鸡肉在今年年底将会出现在一家餐厅的菜单上。
Probably somewhere in Asia.
可能是在亚洲某地的一家餐厅。
This is the transition away from raising and confining animals in the way we do.
这是我们从饲养和限制动物活动方式上的一个转变。
You know the reality is 99 percent of all the meat we eat comes from places that if we looked inside we wouldn’t be that proud of.
事实上,如果深究,我们应为现在所吃的99%的肉类的来源而感到惭愧。
Meat production is just as responsible for carbon emissions and climate change as all the cars we have on the streets today.
肉类生产对碳排放和气候变化的影响不亚于我们如今在街上看到的各种车辆。”
But will anyone actually want to eat it?
不过真的有人愿意尝试实验室里生产的肉吗?
We travelled to cattle country to ask diners in Ozark, Missouri…
我们到畜牧业大州,密苏里州的奥索卡,问问这里的食客。
I would prefer not to no, if I knew about it.
如果我知道是培养的肉,就不会吃。
Meat ought to be grown on the farm, out in the fields and stuff.
肉应该是从农场、户外田园里生产出来的。
Ranchers have concerns too.
牧场主们也有顾虑。
Missouri has already banned the use of the word meat to label lab-grown products.
密苏里州已经禁止使用 “肉类” 这个词来标注实验室里生产的肉食。
Whatever its called - with Americas largest meat processor now investing in lab-grown meat, we may be about to see a new agricultural revolution.
不管它叫什么,现在美国最大的肉类加工企业已经对实验室培育的肉类给与了投资,我们可能即将会看到一场新的农业革命。

点击加载更多

词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which US state does not allow lab-grown meat to be labelled 'meat'?
A Missouri.
B Montgomery.
C We don't know.
显示答案