财源滚滚 分享到:
Rolling in it 2016-11-223647

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me Neil...
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是尼尔…
...and me, Feifei. In this programme, we’ve got an expression which means ’to be very rich’.
我是菲菲。在这期节目里,我们要学一个表达方式,意思是“非常有钱”。
And, as usual, in order to demonstrate the meaning of something, I’m going to make a fool of myself. Now, Feifei, please describe what I’m doing.
像往常一样,为了解释短语的意思,我会让自己出丑。菲菲,请描述一下我现在在做什么。
OK, so now Neil is rolling around on the floor covered in... money.
好的,现在尼尔正在铺着…钱的地板上滚来滚去。
So, Feifei, how much money does someone need to roll in it?
那么菲菲,要想在里面滚来滚去的话,一个人需要多少钱呢?
Lots!
许多!
And so we have an expression in English - ’to be rolling in it’. It means to be extremely rich.
所以英文中就有了一个表达方式——“财源滚滚”。就是极其有钱的意思。
That’s right. Imagine a person has so much money they can literally roll around in it and you can understand this expression. Now get up Neil.
对。想象一下,一个人有很多钱,他们简直可以在里面滚来滚去,这样你就能理解这个表达方式的意思了。现在起来吧尼尔。
OK. Let’s hear some examples.
好的。让我们听几个例子吧。
Carlos is always moaning about lack of money but his parents are rolling in it, so he should just ask them for some.
卡洛斯总是抱怨缺钱,但是他的父母非常富有,所以他应该直接问他们要一些钱。
Since tuition fees have been introduced, you need to be rolling in it to afford university.
自从学费被引入之后,你要很有钱才能上得起大学。
My neighbours must be rolling in it - they’re having a swimming pool and tennis court built in their garden.
我邻居一定很有钱,他们正在花园里修建游泳池和网球场。
So, there we are - we say someone is ’rolling in it’ if they’re very rich.
好了,如果某人特别有钱的话我们就说他“财源滚滚”。
I’d love to be rolling in it.
我非常乐意很有钱啊。
OK then -come and join me!
好的,那么,过来加入我吧!
No, I mean that I’d like to be rich - but that does look quite fun actually... woah!
不,我是说我想要很有钱,不过滚来滚去看上去确实很有趣呀…哇哦!

点击加载更多

上一篇: Mansplaining

下一篇: Photobomb

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
What's the meaning of 'to be rolling in it'?
A  It means to be extremely rich.
B  It describes someone who needs money.
C  It means 'to be very poor'.
显示答案