容易不高兴的人 分享到:
Snowflake 2017-07-2655786

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

…Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I’m Neil. Now, Feifei will be joining me in just a second. She’s a little bit… sensitive, so I’m going to try to deliberately upset her - just to teach you an expression in English!
……大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是尼尔。菲菲一会儿就会来和我一起主持。她有一点……敏感,所以我要故意让她不高兴——只是为了教你们一个英语表达!
Hi Neil.
嗨,尼尔。
Oh hi Feifei! So what do you think of the new Justin Bieber album?
噢嗨菲菲!你觉得贾斯汀·比伯的新专辑怎么样?
Oh it’s just great. I love it!
噢太棒了。我很喜欢!
Really? I think it’s rubbish. You must have terrible taste to like Justin Bieber.
真的吗?我觉得就是垃圾。你喜欢贾斯汀·比伯,品味一定是糟糕极了。
Neil, that’s so rude!
尼尔,这样太粗鲁无礼了!
It’s not rude – it’s just a difference of opinion. Honestly Feifei, you’re such a snowflake.
这不是粗鲁——只是看法不同。老实说菲菲,你可真是一片“雪花”。
Oh you mean beautiful and totally unique?!
噢你的意思是美丽又很独特?!
Err, no… I mean you melt easily. You can call someone who gets offended or upset too easily a ’snowflake’. Here are some examples:
呃,不……我是说你很容易融化。你可以把那些容易感觉自己受到冒犯或不高兴的人叫做“雪花”。这里有一些例子:
A so-called friend of mine deleted a comment I made on his social media page just because I didn’t agree with him. What a snowflake.
我一个所谓的朋友在他的社交媒体页面上删除了我的一条评论,只是因为我不同意他的观点。真是一个容易不高兴的人啊。
There are so many places you can express yourself these days but at the same time everyone gets offended so easily. You can see why it’s called ’generation snowflake’.
如今你可以在很多地方表达自己的感受,但同时每个人又都很容易感觉到自己被冒犯了。你可以看到它为何被叫做“易被激怒的一代”。
Generation snowflake. This expression refers to young adults who are too sensitive to handle criticism of their opinions.
易被激怒的一代。这个表达方式指的是那些当自己的看法受到批评时,会很敏感的年轻人。
This is pretty insulting, Neil.
这太侮辱人了,尼尔。
It IS pretty insulting, Feifei –but you’re only upset because you’re such a snowflake… Though, of course you’re also unique and beautiful…
这太侮辱人了菲菲——但你之所以会不高兴,只是因为你是一个当自己意见受到批评时,就会不高兴的人……尽管你确实也很独特很漂亮……
Oh I see – trying to be nice in case you offend me? Who’s the snowflake now, Neil!?
噢我明白了——试图友善一点以防冒犯到我?现在谁是容易不高兴的人呢,尼尔!?
Well it’s just better if we all get along, isn’t it? Good-bye!
我们和睦相处的话会更好,对吧?再见!
Bye!
再见!

点击加载更多

上一篇: Echo chamber

下一篇: The heat is on

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Why did Neil say that Feifei was a snowflake?
A  Because Feifei was beautiful and totally unique.
B  Because Feifei was rude.
C  Because Feifei got offended and upset too easily.
显示答案