很长时间 分享到:
Donkey's years 2017-08-1729269

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I’m Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。我是菲菲……
And I’m… Rob.
我是……罗布。
Errr… sorry Rob. What did you say?
呃……抱歉罗布。你说什么?
I said, I’m… Rob.
我说,我是……罗布。
Right, and why have you brought a donkey into the studio?
对,为什么你要带一头驴到演播室来呢?
To help with today’s authentic English phrase –which is… donkey’s years.
为了帮助大家学习今天的地道英语——“驴子的很多年”。
So is this about age and how I look like a donkey?
这是关于年纪的吗,我看起来像驴子吗?
Not exactly Feifei. The phrase comes from rhyming slang – donkey’s years rhymes with donkey’s ears, yes?
不是的菲菲。这个短语来自于同韵俚语——驴子的很多年和驴子的耳朵押韵,对吧?
Yes. Donkey’s years’ does rhyme with ’donkey’s ears’ – so you’re saying my ears are like a donkey’s?
对。“驴子的很多年”确实和“驴子的耳朵”押韵——所以你是说我的耳朵像驴子的吗?
No no no. Unlike your ears, donkey’s ears are long and when we say we haven’t done something for ’donkey’s years’ we mean we haven’t done something for a long time.
不不不。和你的耳朵不一样,驴子的耳朵很长,当我们说我们“很长时间”没做某事的时候,我们的意思是很久没做某事了。
Right. Good, so it’s got nothing do with me looking like a donkey?
对。很好,所以不是说我看上去像驴子咯?
Absolutely not. Let’s hear the phrase in action…
当然不是。让我们听听这个短语是怎么用的吧……
I’m so bored; I’ve been doing this job for donkey’s years!
我好无聊啊;我做这个工作已经很久了!
I haven’t driven a car for donkey’s years; I hope I can remember what to do.
我已经很久没开车了;希望我还记得怎么做。
We’ve got to go to Lily’s party; I haven’t seen her for donkey’s years so it’ll be great to catch up.
我们得去参加莉莉的派对;我已经很久没见她了,所以小聚一下还是很棒的。
That’s ’donkey’s years’ – when we haven’t done something for donkey’s years, we haven’t done it for a very long time. So Rob, I could say we haven’t been to the cinema for donkey’s years?
这就是这个短语——当我们很长时间不做某件事时,就是我们很久没做这件事了。所以罗布,我能说我们很久没去电影院了吗?
Yes and you’d be correct. We haven’t. Shall we go now?
对,你说对了。我们很久没去了。我们现在去好吗?
OK. But does your donkey have to come too?
好。但是你的驴子也要一起去吗?
Oh look, he’s very excited!
噢看,它很兴奋!
Yuk! I can see…What’s that on the floor?
哈哈!我能看到……地板上是什么东西?
Ooooh yes! Perhaps we’ll leave him shall we, clear that up later. Perhaps he could present some more programmes while we’re away.
噢是的!也许我们应该把它留在这里,一会儿再清理这些。我们不在的时候,说不定它能多做点节目呢。
Ha – that is donkey work! Bye.
哈——那就是艰苦单调而又无趣的工作了!再见。
Bye.
再见。
更多英语一手资讯,请关注官方微信公众号:
BBC英语(iyubabbc)

点击加载更多

上一篇: Left, right, and centre

下一篇: Give us a bell

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which of the following statements about "donkey's years" is right?
A  It means that someone looks like a donkey.
B  It means that someone's ears are like a donkey's.
C  It means that we haven't done something for a long time.
显示答案