即兴发挥 分享到:
Wing it 2017-09-2059565

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I’m Neil and …
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是尼尔……
Hi everyone. I’m Feifei and I’ve just …err… well…
大家好,我是菲菲,我刚刚……呃……好吧……
Feifei is here with me… Feifei, what’s going on?
菲菲和我一起做本期节目……菲菲,怎么了?
Yes, and today we are here, with you, dear learner of the wonderful English language…
是的,今天我们和你一起,精彩英语节目亲爱的学习者们……
What are you looking for?
你在找什么呢?
The script, Neil. I misplaced it somewhere…
稿子呀,尼尔。我忘记把它放在哪里了……
Just wing it!
那就挥挥翅膀吧!
Wing it? Wing, like a bird? Yes, the air is fresh and I flap my wings…
挥挥翅膀?像鸟儿一样挥翅膀吗?是的,空气很清新,我拍打着我的翅膀……
What are you doing? What are you doing?
你干嘛呢?你干嘛呢?
You told me to pretend I was a bird. Or to tell the story of a bird or… I know lots of bird jokes.
你告诉我假装自己是一只鸟的。或者是讲一个关于鸟儿的故事呢,或者……我倒是知道许多关于鸟儿的笑话。
No, that’s not it. In English ’to wing’ something means to improvise. This informal expression is thought to come from the theatre and it refers to performances given by actors who had to learn their lines quickly while waiting in the wings.
不,不是的。在英语里这个词的意思是说即兴发挥。人们认为这一非正式表达来源于戏剧,指的是在侧厅等着的时候,必须快速记住台词的演员的表演。
Ah! The wings are the space on each side of the stage, where actors wait before coming onto the stage. Sometimes someone gives them their lines from there as support.
啊!侧厅就是舞台每一侧的地方,演员上台之前等待的地方。有时有人会在那儿给他们提示台词,作为帮助。
That’s right. Let’s hear how this expression is used:
对。让我们听听这个短语是怎么用的吧:
Mary spent all weekend partying instead of studying. When I asked her why she wasn’t concerned about the exam, she told me she’d just wing it.
玛丽整个周末都在参加聚会而非学习。我问她为什么不担心自己的考试时,她告诉我她即兴发挥就行了。
The minister is a great orator. He’s never had a speech ready, he just wings it and people love it.
这位部长是一个很好的演说者。他从不会将发言内容提前备好,只是即兴发挥,却深得人民喜爱。
So a theatrical expression for you. Now Feifei, do you know lots of jokes about birds? Tell me one.
这个跟戏剧有关的表达送给你。现在菲菲,你还知道许多关于鸟儿的笑话吗?给我讲一个呗。
Why did the little bird get in trouble at school?
小鸟在学校为什么会遇到麻烦?
Mmmm… no idea…
嗯……不知道……
Because he was caught tweeting during the test.
因为它在考试的时候被抓到发推特(吱吱叫)了。
Yes, very funny…
是的,非常有趣……
Bye.
再见。

点击加载更多

上一篇: About

下一篇: Pot luck

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which of the following meanings about "wing it" is right?
A  It means you flap your wings.
B  It means bird jokes.
C  It means to improvise.
显示答案