快乐的社交聚会 分享到:
A knees-up 2017-11-2434240

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello, I’m Feifei and this is The English We Speak.
大家好,我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语。
… and hello, it’s Rob here. Err, Feifei, I hope you don’t mind me saying but you look a bit hot and sweaty.
……大家好,我是罗布。呃,菲菲,希望你别介意,但是我想说你看上去有点热,而且都出汗了。
That’s because I’ve been training for this ’thing’ that Dan’s having for his birthday.
这是因为我一直在给丹为他生日准备的这件“事情”做准备。
A ’thing’ – what sort of thing?
“事情”,哪种事情?
Well according to his party invitation, he’s having a knees-up to celebrate his birthday. I’m not sure what it is but I wanted to be prepared by getting fit. Look I can get my knee up to my chin!
据他的聚会邀请上说,他说会有一个“膝盖向上”来庆祝他的生日。我不确定这是什么,但是我想通过健身来为此做准备。看,我的膝盖能向上碰到我的下巴了!
That’s impressive but completely unnecessary. A knees-up is an informal way of saying a lively party where there’s usually dancing. So he’s having a party!
这真是令人印象深刻但却又完全没有必要啊。这个短语是用一种不正式的方式说一场气氛活跃的聚会,通常聚会上会跳舞。所以他是要举办一场聚会!
Oh right. So I’ve been invited to Dan’s birthday party! Well, if there’s dancing I still need to get fit.
噢对。所以我是被邀请去丹的生日聚会了!好吧,如果要跳舞的话我还是需要健身呀。
That’s true. Let’s hear some more examples of people having a knees-up…
确实。让我们来听一些人们举办聚会的例子吧……
Sorry I’m a bit sleepy today, we had a big knees-up last night. It was great!
抱歉,我今天有一点困,我们昨晚举办了一场盛大又快乐的聚会。真的是非常棒!
We’re planning a knees-up for Dad’s 70th birthday, I hope you can come.
我们在策划爸爸七十岁生日的快乐聚会,我希望你能来。
Now our exams have finished, let’s have a knees-up at my house tonight!
现在我们的考试结束了,让我们今晚在我家举办一场快乐的聚会吧!
So a knees-up is a lively party or gathering to celebrate something. This is going to be fun!
所以说这个短语的意思是一场气氛活跃的聚会或者是人们聚集到一起来庆祝某事。这会很好玩的!
Yes, there’ll be dancing…
对,还会跳舞……
Good.
很好。
Eating and drinking…
还有美食和美酒……
Perfect.
完美。
And lots of celebrating. But this knees-up will be missing one thing.
还有许多庆祝活动。但是这场聚会漏掉了一件事情。
Oh yes, what’s that?
噢,什么事?
Me. I won’t be coming – I haven’t got time – I’m up to my knees in paperwork.
我。我去不了,我没时间,我的时间被文书工作挤满了。
Up to your knees’ in paperwork! You mean you’ve got too much work to do – come on Rob, be honest, you haven’t been invited!
时间被文书工作挤满了!你是说你有许多工作要做,得了吧罗布,诚实一点,你没有被邀请!
Well….yes.I can’t dance anyway, I’ve got a bad knee.
好吧……是的。总之我不能跳舞,我一边的膝盖不太好。
Excuses. I’ll let you know how it goes.Bye!
借口。我会告诉你这个聚会怎么样的。再见!
Bye!
再见!

点击加载更多

上一篇: To blow the cobwebs away

下一篇: To put someone on the map

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which of the following meanings about "a knees-up" is right?
A  A knees-up is an informal way of saying a lively party where there's usually dancing.
B  It means you can get your knee up to your chin.
C  It means you need to get fit.
显示答案