以其人之道,还治其人之身 分享到:
A taste of your own medicine 2018-03-1072869

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I’m Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是菲菲……
… and I’m Neil. Hey Feifei, it sounds like you might have a cold?
……我是尼尔。嗨菲菲,听上去你好像感冒了呢?
I think I have – sore throat, blocked nose. I feel terrible. That’s why I’m taking this medicine.
我想是的——嗓子疼,鼻子不通气。我感觉糟糕极了。这就是我为啥要吃药。
That’s probably a good idea. Medicine is usually good for making you feel better but how does it taste?
这也许是个好主意。药物通常会让你感觉好一点,但是它尝起来怎么样啊?
Well, it’s supposed to taste of strawberries but to be honest it’s just horrible!
嗯,本应该是草莓味的,但实话说,尝起来真的太糟糕了!
That’s why I never take the stuff – it’s disgusting. Have you heard the phrase ’a taste of your own medicine’?
这就是我为啥从来不吃这东西——太恶心了。你听过“以其人之道,还治其人之身”这个说法吗?
No. Does it mean doing something horrible or unpleasant?
没有。是不是表示做一些讨厌的或是让人不愉快的事情?
Sort of. It describes someone receiving the same, treatment or unpleasant experience that they have given to someone else. You know, like you’re always bossing people around and then someone starts to boss you around?
有几分这个意思。它描述的是某人受到他曾给过别人的同样对待,或是不愉快经历。你知道的,就像你总是对别人颐指气使,然后别人也开始对你颐指气使了。
I don’t know what you mean Neil! Anyway, it’s quite a negative phrase.
我不知道你是什么意思尼尔!总之,这是一个相当负面的表达。
It is. Let’s hear some examples…
对。让我们来听一些例子吧……
Our boss is so rude to us but finally somebody has answered back and now he’s got a taste of his own medicine.
我们老板对我们太粗鲁无礼了,但最终也有人这么对他了,现在他尝到了以其人之道,还治其人之身的滋味。
When I meet up with my boyfriend, he’s always late so this time I’m going to give him a taste of his own medicine and turn up late as well.
当我和我男朋友碰面的时候,他总是迟到,所以这次我打算以其人之道,还治其人之身,我也要迟到。
Deepak is always rude to the teacher but he was really offended when she gave him a taste of his own medicine and was rude back to him!
迪帕克总是对老师很无礼,但当老师以其人之道还治其人之身,也粗鲁对他的时候,他真的很生气。
So that’s ’a taste of your own medicine’ which describes someone receiving the same treatment that they have given to somebody else. Excuse me!
所以这就是“以其人之道,还治其人之身”,描述的是某人受到了他曾给过别人的相同待遇。抱歉!
Oh dear. It sounds like you need to take some more medicine.
噢亲爱的。听上去你还要再吃些药啊。
If you mean literally taking the medicine, then yes. But if you mean receiving the same treatment I’ve given to someone else, then no. I can’t believe you think I am always bossing people around.
如果你是说字面意义上的吃药,那确实是这样的。但如果你的意思是受到我曾给过别人的相同待遇,那可不对。我不相信你认为我总是对别人颐指气使。
I was just giving an example of the phrase. I would never say you were bossy.
我只是用这个短语举个例子而已。我永远不会说你这个人专横的。
Good. Now why don’t you go and make me a nice up of tea?
好。你现在为什么不去给我泡一杯好茶呢?
Oh, OK, yes sure. See you.
噢,好的,会的。再见。
And don’t forget to close the door!
别忘了把门关上!
Yes. Sorry, I’ll do that right now. OK, see you later.
好。抱歉,我马上就关。再见。
Ah, I feel better already. Bye.
啊,我已经感觉好多了。再见。

点击加载更多

上一篇: Freegan

下一篇: Happy-go-lucky

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which of the following statements about "a taste of your own medicine" is right?
A  It describes someone receiving the same treatment that they have given to somebody else.
B  It describes someone who is always bossing people around.
C  It's quite a positive phrase.
显示答案