梦幻之境 分享到:
Cloud cuckoo land 2018-03-1746264

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

This is The English We Speak, with you Neil…
欢迎收听地道英语,这是尼尔……
… and you, Feifei. Hello everyone.
……这是菲菲。大家好。
Ah Neil, it sounds like you’re in a good mood.
啊尼尔,听起来你心情很好啊。
You’ll never find me in a bad mood Feifei. Why?
我永远不会有心情不好的时候菲菲。怎么了?
Well I wanted to ask you a favour.
嗯,我想请你帮个忙。
Oh yes?
怎么了?
I need to leave early today and wondered if you could finish this programme on your own and then start writing another script?
我今天需要早走,我想知道你是否能独自完成这期节目,然后开始写另一个脚本。
Are you joking? If you think I’m going to do all my work and yours, then you are living in cloud cuckoo land!
你在开玩笑吧?如果你认为我会把我和你的工作全做了,那你可就是生活在“脱离现实的梦幻之境”了!
Where is that exactly? I can assure you I live in London.
这个地方的确切位置在哪里呢?我向你保证,我住在伦敦。
Yes I know that. What I mean is that you are silly to think the impossible is possible. That’s living in cloud cuckoo land. Basically, you are misguided to think I can do my work AND your work. OK?
对,我知道。我的意思是,你认为不可能的事情是可能的,这真是太傻了。这就是“生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境”。从根本上说,你认为我能把咱们两个人的工作都做了,那你想错了。好吧?
OK Neil, if you say so. Neil thinks I’m silly to believe he can do his work and mine –but we’ll see!
好吧尼尔,如果你这样说的话。尼尔认为我有这种想法很傻,但我们走着瞧吧!
Let’s hear some examples shall we, while you visit cloud cuckoo land!
在你拜访“脱离现实的梦幻之境”时,让我们来听几个例子吧!
If my teacher thinks I can do my grammar homework and learn all my new vocabulary tonight,then he’s living in cloud cuckoo land!
如果我的老师认为我今晚能做我的语法作业,并且学完所有的新词汇的话,那他可就是生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境里了!
If you think we’re going to win this match with only ten players, then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land!
如果你认为我们在只有十个选手的情况下能赢了这场比赛,那你就是生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境中了!
He’s clearly living in cloud cuckoo land – how can we ever afford to buy a house with the little money we earn?
他显然是生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境中,我们就挣这么一点钱,怎么可能买得起房子呢?
So living in cloud cuckoo land describes a situation where someone thinks doing something impossible is possible. So it’s about someone being unrealistic?
所以“生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境”描述的是某人认为不可能的事是可能的。所以它说的是不切实际的那些人咯?
Exactly. Like you wanting to go home early and me doing all your work. Ridiculous!
对。就像你想早早回家,而让我把你所有的工作都做了。太荒谬了!
Well Neil, if you think I’m going to sit here and miss out on front row seats at the theatre, then YOU are living in cloud cuckoo land.
好啊尼尔,如果你认为我会坐在这儿而错过剧院里的前排座位的话,那你才是生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境里。
Oh, so you’re off to the theatre, leaving me to finish the programme!
噢,所以你要去剧院,留下我完成这期节目了!
I am Neil. See ya.
是的尼尔。再见。
Oh. Well everyone, today’s programme is about the phrase ’living in cloud cuckoo land’ and it appears I am in it! Bye for now.
噢。好吧,听众们,今天的节目是关于“生活在脱离现实的梦幻之境里”这个表达方式的,看起来我就在这个幻境里哦!再见啦。

点击加载更多

上一篇: Barking up the wrong tree

下一篇: Bleed someone dry

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which of the following statements about "cloud cuckoo land" is wrong?
A  It describes a situation where someone thinks doing something impossible is possible.
B  It's about someone being unrealistic.
C  It means someone lives in London.
显示答案