老手 分享到:
An old hand 2018-04-3043301

  • 中英文对照
  • 英语原文

双击原文单词看解释

原文跟读文本阅读

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak,I’m Feifei.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是菲菲。
And I’m Neil. Hey Feifei, shouldn’t we be celebrating?
我是尼尔。嗨菲菲,我们不应该在庆祝的吗?
Why?
为什么?
Haven’t we presented a hundred of these The English We Speak programmes together?
我们不是已经一起做了一百期地道英语了吗?
A hundred? Oh no, we’ve done way more than that. I could present these programmes standing on my head!
一百期?噢不,我们做的可远不止这些。我可以“倒立着”做这些节目!
That I would love to see!
那我倒是很愿意看!
Not literally.I mean do it easily - without difficulty.
不是字面上的意思。我是说很容易地做这件事——没有困难。
I know that Feifei – but you probably could present this programme standing on your head because you’re an old hand at this.
我知道菲菲,不过你也许能倒立着做节目,因为在这件事上你是老手。
Excuse me? I may have presented this programme for many years but I do NOT have old hands. How rude!
什么?也许我做这个节目很多年了,但我确实没有“很老的手”。你太粗鲁了!
Don’t worry, I wasn’t referring to your hands – they look lovely. If you are an old hand at doing something, it means you are very skilled and experienced. It was a compliment!
别担心,我指的不是你的手——你的手很好看。如果你在做某件事上是老手,它的意思就是你技能熟练,富有经验。这是称赞!
Oh right. Thanks. Let’s hear some examples of this phrase in action…
噢对。谢谢。让我们来再听几个例子,看看它是怎么用的吧……
Let’s get Mike in to solve our IT problem, shall we? He’s an old hand at fixing computers.
我们让迈克来解决我们的信息技术问题,好吧?他在修电脑方面可是一个老手。
Miguel is an old hand at map reading, so let’s make him the leader on our mountain trek.
米格尔在看地图方面是个老手,所以让他来做我们的登山领队吧。
I can see you’re an old hand at project management; it would have taken me days to create a spreadsheet like that!
我能看到你在项目管理上是个老手,创建一个这样的电子表格,得花费我几天的时间。
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English and we’re learning about the phrase ’an old hand’, which describes someone who is skilled and experienced at doing something.
这里是BBC英语教学的地道英语,我们正在学习“老手”这个短语,它描述的是某人在做某事上技能熟练,富有经验。
It’s a handy phrase, isn’t it! But come on Feifei, as you are such ’an old hand’, why not have a go at really presenting standing on your head?
这是一个好用的短语,是吧!但来吧菲菲,你这样的“老手”,为什么不真的试一试倒立着做节目呢?
OK Neil, as you’re paying me a compliment. Here goes… give a hand…Ouch!
好吧尼尔,既然你在称赞我。要开始了啊……搭把手……哎呦!
Are you ok? I think you should stick to doing what you are most skilled and experienced at.
你还好吗?我认为你应该坚持你最熟练,最有经验的事情。
You mean not listening to your silly suggestions.
你是说不听你愚蠢的建议吧。
I’m an old hand at making silly suggestions, Feifei!
在给别人愚蠢的建议这件事上,我可是老手,菲菲!
Hmmm, let’s forget our celebration shall we! Bye!
嗯,让我们忘了我们的庆祝好吧!再见!
Bye!
再见!

点击加载更多

上一篇: That'll teach you!

下一篇: Rub it in

评论

64x64
词汇
我的生词本
练习题
Question:
Which of the following statements about "an old hand" is right?
A  It means you are very rude.
B  It means you are very old.
C  It means you are very skilled and experienced at something.
显示答案